Reflection: Spiritually transforming practice
We must practice to transform our being personally and collectively Spiritual practice, undertaken according to principles of spirituality, and mindfully followed with purpose and intent, is capable of powerful personal, relational, social, and cultural transformation.
Some of these spiritual principles are:
– cultivate a loving heart for all beings
– develop an altruistic, sustaining spirit and share what you have with others
– be a good ally of the earth and its resources
– identify with your own suffering and that of others and be a healer
– measure progress and growth according to non-materialistic and non-economic factors such as sustainability and peace
– support democratic forms of government and the liberties they guarantee for all peoples
– speak out against, non-violently resist, and work to change social injustice and evil in the world
– develop unitive consciousness that envelopes paradox and
-value diversity in creation and community
Creator God awaken in us a dedication to spiritually transforming practice that we may be collaborators and co-creators in your kin-dom of the alternative neighborly community for the good of all humankind and all creation.
photo by Cathey Stone
‘meditating in the estuary at Draper Lake’
Gulfview Heights Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida